The environment of the gut is becoming of more interest to nutrition science researchers in St. Petersburg. As a result, we research probiotics vs. prebiotics and discover how the mix of bacteria and microbes that reside in our digestive systems influence lifelong health and energy.
Some of the hottest new nutritional science research suggests that gut microbia may influence functions of the body. This includes how well we age, our emotional behaviors, protection against the environment, and everyone’s favorite topic: weight management.
Probiotics vs. Prebiotics
Although often used in the same way, probiotics and prebiotics are different things. They work together in the gut, but have different jobs:
- Probiotics are healthy bacteria. They have everyone rushing to stock up on Greek yogurt and try new fermented foods. Dense and active probiotics in the body show links to digestive, endocrine, and immune system health, and improved overall well-being.
- Prebiotics are carbohydrates that your body can’t digest. They are the nutritional substance for the good bacteria in the digestive tract. Garlic, asparagus, onions, artichokes and other fiber-dense foods are full of these nutrients. When you eat these foods, your gut bacteria feeds off it to create its health-benefitting magic.
Recent research suggests that prebiotic intake shows close links with a healthy inflammatory response as well as the support of a healthy metabolism. It also shows links to the body’s ability to get the most nutrition out of the food we eat.
Overall, it is important to realise that this not an argument of probiotics vs. prebiotics for researchers in Tampa Bay. Both benefit your body in various ways. If you cannot handle a bowl of vegetables the size of a large pizza for lunch, and if a side of random fermented foods with dinner doesn’t sound too appetizing, supplementing with PB Assist®+ Probiotic & Prebiotic Defense Formula is exactly what you need.
PB Assist®+Primary Benefits
- Promotes a positive balance and increase of beneficial bacteria*
- Maintains healthy intestinal microflora balance*
- Supports healthy functioning of the digestive and immune systems*
- Supports the health of the GI tract, particularly the intestines and colon*
- Helps support healthy metabolism and absorption of food*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.