The gut microbiome is progressively becoming of more interest to nutrition science researchers as we discover how the complex mix of bacteria and microbes that reside in our digestive systems influence lifelong health and vitality.
Some of the hottest contemporary nutritional science research suggests that gut microbia may influence how well we age, our emotional behaviors, cognitive function, protection against environmental elements, and everyone’s favorite topic: weight management.
Probiotics vs. Prebiotics
Although often used interchangeably and working synergistically in the gut, probiotics and prebiotics are vastly different things:
- Probiotics are the healthy bacteria that have everyone rushing to stock up on Greek yogurt and experiment with new fermented foods. Dense and and active probiotic populations have been linked to digestive, endocrine, and immune system health, and improved overall well-being.
- Prebiotics are non-digestible carbohydrates – basically a classification of fiber – that are the nutritional substance for the good bacteria in the digestive tract. Garlic, asparagus, onions, artichokes and other roughage-dense foods are full of those oligosaccharides that your gut bacteria feeds off of to induce its health-benefitting magic.
Recent research suggest that prebiotic intake is closely associated with healthy inflammatory response, dietary bioavailability (allowing our bodies to get the most nutrition out of the food we eat), and the support of healthy metabolism. If you don’t have the intestinal volume to handle a bowl of vegetables the size of a large pizza for lunch, and if a side of random fermented foods with dinner doesn’t sound too appetizing, supplementing with PB Assist®+ Probiotic & Prebiotic Defense Formula is exactly what you need.
PB Assist®+Primary Benefits
- Promotes a positive balance and proliferation of beneficial bacteria*
- Maintains healthy intestinal microflora balance*
- Supports healthy functioning of the digestive and immune systems*
- Supports the health of the GI tract, particularly the intestines and colon*
- Helps support optimal metabolism and absorption of food*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.